If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What was your favorite subject in school? English I'm even friends with my old high school English teacher on Facebook!
2. Did you attend elementary school and high school in the same town? Yes. The same school all 4 of my older siblings went to. And one niece. There are only 2 elementary schools in Clawson and 1 middle school that is attached to the only high school.
3. Are you still friends with anyone that you met during school? Yes, thanks to Facebook! It amazes me how many classmates married other classmates. I personally couldn't wait to move away!
4. What activities were you involved in as a student? Not a darn thing. I tried out for the volleyball team, but since I wasn't one of the "cool kids" I didn't make the team. Ability meant nothing.
5. Did you bring your lunch, or did you get it at school? I usually took my own lunch but had to buy on pizza Thursdays - those lovely greasy rectangle slabs of pizza.
6. Did you enjoy shopping for clothing and school supplies? I seem to recall Mom doing all my shopping. I apparently didn't care, since I let her dress me til high school, when I finally must have realized how horrible I looked.
7. Name a song or a band that reminds you of high school. Areosmith's Angel. The only song I danced to prom! Want to hear something off-the-wall? I went with a freshman to my senior prom - and I asked him! Can we say LOOOSER? LOL! But at least I got to go and we had fun.
8. Did you like school? Not really. It was something that I had to do. I was an average student, and because I didn't fit into any "clique" I just sort of faded into the background.
9. How long have you been out of school? I graduated in 1991. I got my associates degree in 2008.
10. What did you like most about school? What did you dislike most about school? The part I disliked were the other kids. I only had a couple friends. I remember my senior year, having a co-op class at the middle school (to help prepare you for an office job) and their classes didn't match up with ours. I ended up being late to my next class and there was a collective groan when I peeked into the room. I thank God all the time that my own kid is exactly the opposite that I was. She is a total social butterfly. The best part was the day I saw the Navy recruiter standing in the hall, minding his own business. I don't recall what I said to him, but it had to have been the easiest sell in recruiting history!