Welcome to day 7 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge, 2013! Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order! This blog is all about my journey to weight loss / good health & fitness.
For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too. Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.
Random Ramblings - lives up to its name. Totally random.
Goals for 2013
My main goals for this year for the 13 in 13 challenge (hosted by the lovely, inspiring Miss Rebecca) are to ....
1. finally reach Onderland (get my weight below 200 lbs)
2. rededicate myself to WW
3. post eTools progress report weekly
4. earn at least 15 WW activity points weekly
5. use my waist & arm / thigh trimmers while doing DVDs or Wii Fit - these are basically wide elastic bands that make you sweat like crazy.
6. plan meals weekly
7. eat more / new veggies every week
8. be a better blogger
9. spend at least 15 minutes per day straightening up my house
10. make time for ME!! for exercise & meetings
11. find plans & designs for holiday displays (tomato cage trees / MGC fence / potion book)
12. work on RACES certification
13. wean myself off pop
I've been doing pretty well on the challenge so far. #9 is a bad one for me.
Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?? These are all pictures taken while I was in the Navy, P.A. or pre-Angela. I was thin!!
OK, this is high school - junior prom. 1990
That's me in the hideous pink dress and collarbones sticking out like a skeleton.
This was the Medical Weight Loss days - around 145 lbs.
A-school days in Pensacola - when I was living on Mountain Dew
and Rugers Chocolate wafers.
1993 USS Canopus AS-34
Me in the flowery top.
Can you believe there were people who mistook me
& that other girl for each other??
1995 USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72
Approximately 155 lbs here.
I had to search thru my Navy Medical records to find this out. Apparently the military doesn't feel the need to make you get on a scale everytime they see you.
In case you're wondering what the heck I'm doing, I was dressed in the uniform of the day (inside out & backwards) for the initiation for crossing the Equator for the first time, aka Pollywog day.
1995 ASU Bahrain or possibly Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates.
If I recall correctly - That was not a pose, but a stagger. Mucho alcohol the night before. And I had to fly on that giant plane behind me. But it was better than the 8 person, puddle-jumper plane I'd just gotten off of.
1998. We have reached the post-Angela years. Approximately 210 lbs here.
But this is still less than what I'm at right now.