Lisa / Angel
Mom / Laurie / Linda
I went out to my sister's house - who called to ask the local restaurant if we could "bring our own party". So these people were expecting a big rowdy bunch of drunks, but instead they got us. We were all dressed up and brought in table decorations. Then we went back to Laurie's house and played cards. We are such party animals!!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. Take a moment to answer is week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Online Dating
- Have you ever tried online dating? Yes
- If you’ve done it, what did you like about it? What did you dislike? I liked that it was a way to meet someone, since I was at a time in my life that I didn't get out much - I was a single mom to a 4 year old and was just scraping by living on my own. I wasn't going to find anyone at either my work or at daycare!
- If you haven’t done it, would you? If you have done it, would you do it again? Why or why not? I had a couple misses at first, but then I found a winner and we've been together almost 10 years and our 6th wedding anniversary will be in July. Do it again? I hope not!!
- What precautions would you take before going out with someone that you met online? We emailed back and forth for a couple weeks before moving onto the phone. We met face to face for the first time when my computer crashed & he offered to come look at it. But he made sure to let me know that it was only if I felt comfortable with it.
- Do you have a favorite dating site? If so, what is it? I met Randy on yahoo personals.
- What questions would you ask before agreeing to a date? We talked about our backgrounds, careers / employment, family, hobbies.
- How long would you correspond with someone online before meeting them? Depends. I think there's a lot of gut feeling involved, too.
- In your opinion, what are the pros to meeting someone online? You may meet someone you never would have otherwise. Randy lived only like 5 miles away from me, but I probably never would have run into him. And it's nice to get to know someone without right away worrying about how you look. You can get the feeling if you can really be yourself if and when you actually meet.
- In your opinion, what are the cons of online dating? You don't know for sure that the person you're talking to is really the way they come across as or if they're acting.
- Share a funny or embarrassing online dating experience with us if you have one. I don't really have one. Except for having a 2nd date with a guy that he never showed up for. My work / daycare and my mom's house are all close together, so I never went home after work to get the message that he was cancelling. So I sat there for a good hour at the restaurant before giving up. Obviously before cell phones! With Randy - I agreed for him to come over to look at my dead computer & he showed up early. The girl (who was 4) was running naked thru my apartment after her bath & I was barefoot and no makeup. I was mortified, but he said he knew right away I was the one he was going to marry. :)