We really need to get it to sink in the girl's blonde melon that just because the GPS's arrow points a certain way, that's NOT the only way to get there. We separated looking for one in the nearby park. Hubby walked along the parking lot, down a road, across a clearing, and down a sunlit path - boom. Found it. The child (with me following to ensure she didn't get lost or die in the process) found the Michigan version of the LeBrea Tar Pits. The mud was insane. And picker bushes. And grasping vines. And rotted trees. It was horrible. The my phone chirps - it's Randy wondering where we are. ^#(*&!@%$()! Says the girl "but the arrow is pointing that way!!" GRRRR!!
Glad the rest weren't that bad!
Anyway, we surivived with only minor injuries and I have my first lovely red nose of the year from the sun! Joy. We all had a (mostly) good time & were outside for a good 5 hours.
It’s Monday again, and you know what that means. It’s time for FMM! I haven't participated in FMM for a past couple weeks and I've missed it! Love the new image!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Bookworms (Revisited)
- How often do you read for pleasure? Quite often, actually. Sometimes I find myself reading when I should be cleaning my house or something else equally dull.
- Are you currently reading a book? If so, which one? Right now, I'm re-reading the Duke's Night of Sin by Kathryn Caskie. I need to get the rest of the series. I like smut (aka historical romances). I just finished reading the entire Twilight Saga, and I like them better than the movies.
- Do you subscribe to any magazines and/or newspapers? I get QST, which is a ham radio magazine that comes automatically with membership to the ARRL.
- Do you prefer reading traditional books or using an e-reader? I've never tried an e-reader but I admit to being intrigued.
- How often do you go to the bookstore? I used to go to Borders in the mall all the time when I was forced to drive the girl there. But they closed it & now I'm sad. So I don't go very often anymore.
- Do you read at the gym? I don't go to the gym.
- Have you ever been a member of a book club? Not that I can remember.
- Do you wear glasses when you read? I have to wear glasses or contacts to see farther than my nose...so yes!
- Has anyone read the Hunger Games? No, but I've heard a LOT about it!
- What is your favorite thing about reading? The fact that it can temporarily take me away from reality and get immersed in the story or even an entire family.