Monday, October 10, 2011
Fire Up for Fall - week 4
Woohoo! Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! My 20 year high school class reunion was Saturday & I was pleasantly surprised with how much fun I had. Not so happy about getting sick the next morning, tho. Not the "ooof I drank too much" type sick, more of "ooof someone poisoned me and I want to die!" type sick. It was ugly. I still feel nasty today. Bonus - I sure don't feel like eating much!
Fire Up for Fall is my motivation to get my butt back in gear & lose some of said butt! I link back to Rebecca's site and we create a nice support group!
So on to the questions...
1. What have you done this week to achieve your goals? I actually looked back at what my original goals were to remind me. A. Loss on the scale? I didn't weigh in due to having to take one of my fur-babies to the vet to get some teeth pulled. I couldn't bring myself to leave him as soon as he came come. B. Dust off the Wii? Nope. But I did pull up my entire cemetery & get the grass cut in the yard. That builds up a good sweat! C. Get out walking? Yup. I took the dog to Holland Ponds and went on a nature walk. It was not a leisurely walk, either. I thought I had more time before it started to rain. And since I don't want my car to smell like wet dog - we hurried. D. Cider & Donuts? Have not bought any more!! Same with candy corn. None! E. Try a new recipe? I have tried a couple new ones but haven't posted about them. They received Picky-Family Approval, so they pass!
2. What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous? I went & got my hair cut Saturday & also let the stylist talk me into a deep conditioning. Aaaah!
3. What is your go to food or activity when you've had a bad day? I like to either read a book or go on the computer & find funny websites. Or go for a walk.
4. What's the last thing you did that you were really proud of? I'm not good with small talk, so I really went out of my comfort zone and talked to people who basically ignored me in high school. It was nice that most of them aren't the evil snobs I remember!
5. Fun Time: What was your favorite school subject, and your least favorite? Why? I loved my English classes! What's funny about that is my middle school (6th, 7th & 8th grade) English teachers were horrible. But I had the best teachers ever in high school. I just really enjoyed the classes. My least favorite? 12th grade Chemistry. The teacher was middle Eastern descent & really looked down on females - and even more so if you weren't popular or played sports. So he barely acknowledged me. Which caused me to be a mild trouble-maker in his class. Example - he said he won't eat eggs because they come out of the butt of a chicken. I asked if he ever kissed his daughters (Karma - he had 3 girls & no boys).