I pretty much covered this on yesterday's post! But I'll do it again since it's fun!
Friend Makin’ Mondays
If you’ve taken part in Friend Makin’ Mondays before then you are familiar with the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to read and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Welcome to another edition of Friend Makin’ Mondays. Hope you had a fun and safe 4th July weekend. I thought I would focus on 4th July and Red, White and Blue for this week’s questions.
1. Did you grill food this weekend? If so what? We sort of cheated and went to a BBQ place on Thursday, had leftovers Friday, grilled brats on Saturday and grills ribs on Sunday.
2. Did you go to a parade? Yes. The town I grew up in (where Mom still lives) puts on a huge parade and we go it every year. The hubby & I both do radio communications for it. It seems like work, but all I do is call when when the first and the last of the "Freedom Mile" runners pass my corner, then when the American Legion passes with the flag and random other things. The people in staging want to make sure there isn't any major delays in the entrants. I also get to hear when the flyover happens - altho gliders aren't as exciting as seeing and hearing real military planes. Most people miss it since gliders aren't any louder than a lawnmower!
3. Fireworks? Did you go to a display or have your own fireworks? I like to watch them, but we don't go out of our way to find displays to watch.
4. Did you have a special 4th July outfit? Not really. I did give myself a special patriotic pedicure and my sister & I wore funky headbands. I also wore red hoop earrings (I have 3 holes in each ear), with Michigan earrings on one side (the UP & lower are carved out of Petoskey stone) and blue and diamondish studs on the other.
5. Who did you spend 4th July with? the hubby, Mom & my brother & my sister.
6. Did you stay home for the holiday weekend or did you go away? We stayed home for the most part.
7.What is your favorite part of 4th July holiday? I like the parade and the 3 day weekend! I really enjoy seeing people show their patriotism and all the flags and more days should be like that!
8. Which holiday are you most looking forward to next? Halloween, of course!
Don’t forget to answer the questions on your blog and come back here and post a link to your post.
Have a great day