We had a crazy weekend - Miss Angela had a dance convention all weekend with her studio competition team. Of course, if you ask any of them, it's a huge party. But from 8-5 Saturday and 9-3 Sunday, they're at the mercy of different choreographers, dancing their little butts off. They love it!
Saturday we were on the road by 6am to drive the hour to the hotel (which happens to schedule a hockey convention the same weekend every year - brilliant!!) Once we got checked in with our group and wristbands donned and requisite team pictures taken, I left her happily warming up with everyone else (there must have been around 10 other studios there) and went to meet Mom & one sister to go to a craft show. We go every year and I get a special ornament from one booth every year. So I had to go!
The Dancers Only Teens
I got back to the hotel in time to watch 1 1/2 of her classes. Then we went out to dinner and back to the hotel to watch the competitions and visit and have some adult beverages with the studio owner and other parents. (I love our studio - I don't think any other of the owners would take Mimosas to a competition for the parents). Sunday after classes, they had a faculty show that's always a lot of fun, since the choreographers and the travelling company are all amazing.
So I came home with a tired kid who managed to wait until dinner time to have a meltdown. Shower, eat, bed - NOW!
But now back to normal. Apparently it was a beautiful warm, sunshiny weekend, but I was stuck inside. Oh yes. Sunday morning, we went out with the intention of breakfast at Tim Horton's which should have been only about 3 miles straight down the road. But I managed to end up on the wrong road and then the WRONG part of Detroit, which I seem to do quite often. By wrong, I mean the burned out / boarded up houses / overgrown scary places / the works. ZOOOOOOOM back to the hotel - thank God for Google maps!! And sunlight.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
What’s in Your Fridge?
2. What kind of milk do you drink? I drink skim, but hubby & the girl drink 2%.
3. Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables? I like them both. Canned is a distant third.
4. What do you currently have to drink in the fridge? milk, Coke, Coke Zero, a glass jug of water (a quirk of hubby's that I like), GatorAde, a couple bottles of Labatt Blue Light and a bottle of Witches Brew wine that I didn't drink at Halloween. btw, it was suggested to me that I try that warmed. Hmmmm!
5. How often do you clean out your refrigerator? Usually when it gets gross. I will look for questionable leftovers every Thursday before trash day.
6. What’s the healthiest thing in it right now? apples, carrots, squash
7. What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now? this ventures into the freezer - the girl's Pizza Rolls. I think I'd starve to death before I ate that nastiness. But she loves them!
8. What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now? food that is already prepared so I don't have to!
9. How often do you shop for groceries? About once a week.
10. What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? I really can't think of anything that would really be considered weird. It all seems like normal food to me. Maybe in the freezer, where the girls wanted to try freezing Nutella, and put it in my silicone ice tray in the shape of skulls?
Bonus: If you could choose one thing to put in the fridge and make it calorie-free what would it be? German Chocolate Cake.
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to answer the questions and come back to post a link in the comments section! Happy Monday!