Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - Uniquely You

Happy October! 

We have officially entered the dreaded "cider & donuts" season. Yesterday was the annual family gathering at the apple orchard and I, being the addict that I am, quite happily OD'd on C&D. Sigh. However, we did go on the giant jumpy pillows, down the giant slide, thru the Black Hole maze, thru the corn maze and visited the petting farm. Sadly, there weren't many apples on the trees, so we didn't get to pick any.

Me, laughing too hard to get up.

family shot L-R
sister in pink, Angel airborne, nephew, niece's boyfriend & niece.
 
I also survived Angel's birthday party Friday night. She only had 2 girls over and one of them is louder than she is - which is hard to do! I finally yelled at them at 2:30am for the last time before they quieted down. And then Angel had to be at the studio at 11am for her acro class! But they had fun and that's all that matters. Check out her cake! It's an ice cream cake with a green heart on top, then I glued pictures of One Direction (insert eye-roll here) to cardboard and taped each one to a skewer, then stuck the candles to the front. Her own personal 1D cake!  You don't realize how awkward it was to be standing in the store, perusing teeny magazines to find full-length pictures of these guys to use like this!!

 
Happily, I have started getting my Halloween stuff set up.  The headstones are out in the yard, but no lights, fence or any other accessories yet.  My kitchen table is covered in stuff and I brought a few things in to work to put on my desk - yay!
 
 
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Uniquely You


1) Do you prefer to talk or text? Either / or.  If hubby is gone for the weekend, I'd rather talk to him on the phone.  But if it's just to ask a question or something quick - texting is fine.
2) How often do you make your bed? Hubby is usually still in it when I leave for work, but I got him in the habit of making it each day. 
3) What sounds do you hear right now?  I'm at work.  While I'm not a dispatcher for the trucks, my desk in in the dispatch office, so it's never quiet.  Phones, people talking, computer alerts - chaos.
4) List three things that you always carry with you. iPhone, a clippy for my hair & usually my camera
5) What are your favorite TV shows?  I don't watch much TV and my favorite shows aren't on primetime anymore - Who's Line is it Anyway, How It's Made, etc.  However, RuPaul's All Star Drag Race will be starting this month!
6) Is there a hobby that you’d like to devote more time to? If so, what is it? I like to bead and would like more time to perfect making spiders!  They never look right. I also like to cross-stitch.
7) What is your favorite drink?  iced coffee from Tim Horton's, iced tea and various umbrella drinks.
8) Share a couple of cool facts about your family. My paternal great-grandfather was the foreman when the railroad thru the Florida Keys was built in 1912.  And either his mother or grandmother (don't remember how mnay greats!!) was a full-blood Cherokee.
9) List one thing that you will do for yourself today. It's supposed to be sunny & 65 today - so after work I'll probably load up the dog and take him to the park, along with my camera.  The leaves are stunning!
10) Share something that you’re thankful for today. I have many blessings. My family, my critters, my health, a home, a car, a job - just to name a few.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to head over and link up in the comments!