Does anyone else feel that being around family is a trial? However did I survive my childhood with all of us in one house? I just feel like I really have to watch what I say & do around them. I told Randy that if I ever get to be a perfect McJudgey like certain other people, he's more than welcome to smack some sense into me.
Yesterday was Mom's birthday so we all went to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill. Luckily we didn't have to listen to Mom sing Red Solo Cup, only Laurie. It was actually OK for the most part. I'm not overly impressed with the menu there but Mom wanted to go. And we will go back in September for Angel's birthday, too.
My eating was totally off the wagon this past week. I had a cobb salad with honey mustard dressing from Toby Keith's. Stuffed pancakes from a little diner on Saturday morning. Bacon & scrambled eggs inside 2 huge pancakes. It was interesting. One of those things that I wanted to try, but won't order it regularly. Wednesday was Randy's birthday and he got a free order of cheesy fries from Texas Roadhouse - it was the first time I was not able to finish my 6 ounce sirloin & grilled shrimp & steamed veggies. Ate entirely too many fries!
Ugh. And now I have to go grocery shopping tonight since I believe the extent of the fresh fruit in my house is 1 sad-looking, overripe pear.
So back to our regularly scheduled Monday!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. (The same rules apply today!) If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Friend Makin’ Mondays
- What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon? I like to go for a walk around the park near our house. There is a heron rookery there and lots of ponds to see wildlife & such at.
- What is your favorite color? I like most all colors. As for clothing? I've recently started wearing more reds.
- Have you ever been to Europe? Nope. Wait? Does the Persian Gulf count? I've been to cool places like Hong Kong (when it was still British), Singapore, then some quality time in the Gulf.
- Do you wear glasses or contacts? yes. I prefer to wear contacts when I'm out & about since my eyes are sensitive to sunlight and need to wear sunglasses. But bumming around the house, I have no problem wearing my glasses.
- How often do you brush your teeth? twice a day without fail. I can't sleep when my teeth feel nasty and it helps me to wake up in the morning. And I am never without my floss! It makes me crazy when food gets stuck between my teeth!
- Share a guilty pleasure. Tim Horton's iced coffee with french vanilla and milk. The manager at our local store (who I swear is Tim Horton reincarnated) knows us and our usual orders - LOL! I went thru the drivethru last week and he knew it was me by how I get my coffee!
- What are you most proud of accomplishing this week? Hmm. It wasn't a particularly exciting week. I was very happy to find a certain item for my Secret Santa (Christmas in July gift exchange - yup!) at the Salvation Army. Guess that counts!