Last week I was down 1.8 lbs, which made me very happy! This week I'm almost afraid to get on the scale. I didn't overeat at all on Christmas Eve - but also I didn't even make an attempt to make good choices. And Christmas Day?? Cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Leftover Chinese food for lunch. Dinner at Zehnder's. Oh my. Dinner at Zehnder's.... Little crisp toast rounds with chicken liver pate (no one else ate any of that - so more for me!!) Chicken noodle soup. Coleslaw. Mashed squash that tasted way too good to NOT have butter in it. Mashed potatoes. Stuffing. Chicken gravy. Fried Chicken. And ice cream for dessert. I was full, but not to the point of pain - unlike poor Randy! He had to unbutton his shirt for the hour drive home.
And some good news - The lovely Miss Munchberry at I'm just PUFFY nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I feel so honored to receive this from someone who is so open and real in her writing and always very entertaining. Gosh - I feel like I have high standards to maintain.....UGH! THE PRESSURE !!!!
OK, I'm good now.
So I'm supposed to choose 15 bloggers to pass this on to, but I'm going to follow Munchberry's lead and roll dice. FlabbyMcGee please step forward!! Flabby is another who has the brass to post *real* pics of herself and tells things how they are, but also is able to maintain her humor and sarcasm thru the good times & bad.
Now....7 things about me.
1. I have recently discovered a nutcracker addiction. I mean literally. You know, these guys? Yeah.
I am sort of glad Christmas is over, since I will be less likely to find them in stores & add to my army. BTW - I started out with 5 this fall. I now have 16. Is there Nutcrackers Anonymous??
OK, this is harder than I thought!
2. I am friends with both of my ex-husbands on Facebook. I know. Odd. #1 isn't on there very often and #2 is my daughter's sperm donor, so I feel obligated to be his friend. He hasn't actually seen her since March 2000 (his choice - not mine, but no complaints!) and this gives him an opportunity to actually see what he's been missing out on, because he finally realized he is an ass.
3. I LOVE peanut butter. I can eat it off the spoon and even mix it in my morning oatmeal. I used to only get the reduced fat Jif.....until I mentioned to a co-worker that I was making those PB cookies with Kisses in them for Christmas. She recommended getting the cheapest PB I could find, since Jif was too creamy. So I grabbed a jar of Velvet. Of course as soon as I got home, I had to try it. OMG. It was like heaven on a spoon. I looked closer at this treasure. 4 lonely ingredients - all of which I could pronounce. A smidge more fat than Jif, but fewer carbs, more protein & more fiber. AND is made in Michigan. And has the same Points+ as Jif. Soooooo - goodbye Jif!
<3 Om nom nom nom <3!!
4. I really don't know what to think of Chobani Greek Yogurt. The texture reminds me of drywall compound. The fruit kinds are OK.
5. Oh crap. I'm going to cheat. Look about at the tab - 123 things about me - that should more than fulfill the requirements!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!