Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Water weekend!

I went into a lot more detail on my other blog about this weekend, so I'll stick to the pertinent info now.

I had too much beer.  I don't know why it seems to go down easier near the water.  And jello shots.

I ate fairly OK, I didn't go crazy with junk.  I did have 2 S'mores Saturday night and chips on the tubing trip Sunday.   Lunch was a turkey & ham & veggies sub from Subway.

Definitely lots of exercise!  Swimming & jet-skiing (until I killed it) on Saturday, then tubing for 5 or so hours Sunday.

I am so proud of myself!  I was able to get on the jet-ski - THREE times !!! after being flipped off it in the middle of the lake.  It wasn't the most graceful sight on earth, but I made it! 

Oooh, and Friday night I went shopping for a new bathing suit.  I grabbed one that I liked and the hanger said 16.  I wasn't really sure what size I'd need, so that was going to be my yardstick.  I tried it on & was shocked and upset that it was snug & the girls were quite literally pouring out the sides.  When I took it off, I glanced at the tag and it said 12 !!  SQUEEE!  I . Fit . My . Butt . Into . A . 12 !!!!!  Without damaging it or me, too !!!!  It also was a really scary sight, but since I was the only one who saw it, that's ok!  I had it on my body!  **happy dance**  Don't worry - I totally did not buy that one. 

I did find a suit but once I got it home, I realized the boy shorts looked weird on me.  My thighs are too thick to wear something like that.  Not flattering at all.  So I opted to try sewing up a few inches of the bodice on my black suit from my earlier post.  Then to cover where the stitches are, I sewed a few pewter beads along the seam & it looked awesome!  And I wasn't horribly self-conscious anymore! 

So anyway, back on the wagon to making good choices.

btw - the following picture constitutes a bad choice!  Some of the kids in our tubing group saw a nice muddy bank along the river & decided to make a mud slide.  My 50 year old sister was with them and I couldn't let her show me up.  The first time was all fine & good & fun.  The second time I slipped in the mud. Skinned up my upper thigh pretty bad.  This happened Sunday afternoon - this pic was taken this morning.


All I have to say is I'm glad it happened on a meaty area or this would really hurt!!!