Happy Labor Day, yall! This is so much more chill now - when I was a kid, we'd have to pack up and go to downtown Detroit to march in the Union parade with Dad's IBEW Local 58 ! Did that for many years! Then after we'd go to the Union hall and end up sharing our hot dogs & hamburgers with all sorts of bums.
Friday was my birthday - and we were invited over to a friend's "up north" house for dinner- NOT diet friendly at all! I swear his wife made everything with extra butter and sour cream. But damn, it was good!
We went on vacation this week - another of our 'playing tourist in our home state' trips. This had to have been on of my favorite stops..... the USS Edson DD946 museum ship in Bay City, MI. It's so little! The 2 ships I was stationed on were huge compared to this!
Happy Monday everyone, hope you are having a great Labor Day Weekend.
If you’ve taken part in Friend Makin’ Mondays before then you are familiar with the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to read and comment on a couple of other posts.
This week’s questions ‘more randomness’ come from Tyra at Random Acts of Snark. Thanks Tyra.
1. Would you rather visit the doctor or the dentist? Hmm, since I'm pretty healthy - the doctor. At least they don't ask you questions when there are 4 hands and an array of tools in your mouth!
2. Would you rather eat broccoli or carrots? Carrots. I like them raw or cooked. Broccoli is just weird feeling raw, but good cooked.
3. Would you rather listen to music or watch TV? Listen to music. A TV show has to really catch my attention for me to sit & watch. With music, I can multi-task.
4. Would you rather own a lizard or a snake? A lizard. Snakes don't bother me, but lizards just look like they have such character!
5. Would you rather have a beach holiday or a mountain holiday? Mountain. I like the beach but I'm not one to sit there all day, unless I'd already died of boredom.
6. Would you rather BE an apple or a banana? Hmm. That's a tough one! An apple can be made into apple pie or cobbler, bananas can be made into bread. Both are good for you & tasty raw. Bananas are tall & slender, but soft - where apples around short & round but firm. Apples come in a bunch of different varieties, where bananas are just yellow. Can I be a pineapple? Prickly on the outside, but sweet inside?
7. Would you rather be invisible or be able to read minds? Invisible. There have been times I'd love to know what people are saying in regards to things that have happened.
8. Would you rather be hairy all over or completely bald? Bald. For the same reasons as Sarah - quick & easy in the shower & with a wig, you can change your color in a flash!
9. Would you rather be the most popular or the smartest person you know? Smart. Brains last longer than beauty!
10. Would you rather make headlines for saving somebody’s life or winning a Nobel Prize? Saving someone life.
Now it’s your turn to answers the questions on your blog. Don’t forget to come back here after and post a link to your answers and check out the answers of others who post too.