I am so excited that I finally guilted the hubby into fixing not one, but TWO, leaks in our house this weekend. Leak #1 I have no idea when it started, probably before we moved in, but all it took was the threat of epoxy sealing every single thing under the bathroom sink to get him to move. We now have new feed lines and a shiny new faucet!!! The wood under the sink is still rotted & warped and don't get me started on the state of the drywall ....but (thanks to 2 straight days of the ceiling vent and an oscillating fan running) it is mostly dry now and stench is almost gone. Leak #2 only required a couple gaskets to be replaced to stop the continuous stream of water in the shower. Words cannot describe my delight right now!
I chose the wrong day to attend my WW meeting to find out about the new WW 360 program. I went Saturday morning, but I wasn't able to stick around afterward. I had to go pick Miss Angela up from her dance studio after the annual "Lock In". They basically have a sleepover at the studio, if you can get 20+ girls ranging from age 7-16 to actually sleep! They watched a dance movie (of course) and had some guest dancers in from a local high school. Then they performed a couple of dances for each other that they're learning in their respective classes.
I haven't had a chance to read up on the new 360 program, other than what they talked about at the meeting. I have a few thoughts running thru my mind about it, but I need to sit down and read. My first thoughts about routines compared it to FlyLady. That's a good thing! And I noticed they haven't updated the iPhone app yet. Get on it, peeps!
Anyway....onto this week's FMM topic!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. How will you celebrate the holidays this year? We alternate years between staying home and being subjected to my crazy family and going to Arkansas to spend it with Randy's mom. This is an Arkansas year! All in all, it's a good thing. My MIL is a sweet lady. I love Arkansas (at least in the winter, since both Angel and I have northern girl constitutions and Arkansas summer heat kills us) and I can't wait to visit the Buckstaff Bathhouse! I blogged about that wonderful place HERE. So Christmas will be very low-key and relaxing. I want to visit the Hot Springs Wax Museum while we're there, too.
2. What’s the weather currently like where you live? It's been weird so far this year. I live in SE Michigan and we've had snow exactly once and only got about 1/2 inch. It's been slightly warmer than average, according to the Nat'l Weather Service. Which is fine with me, since that means no shovelling! We did have some freezing rain last night but it warmed up before I had to leave for work. That blanket of ice on my car was UGLY!
3. Do you decorate your home for the holidays? If so, share a picture please! I haven't taken many inside pics yet, but the tree is up & decorated; the battalion of nutcrackers have invaded; the nativity is prominently displayed...
Maddie, being part of the Kitty Nativity. This is not my "real" nativity scene.
My blowmold collection outside.
edited to add links, since images aren't showing!
4. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Hmm. We always watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Year Without a Santa Claus (with the Miser brothers) and The Christmas Story with Ralphie & his BB gun.
5. What is your favorite Christmas songs? I like....
Bruce Springsteen's version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Go Tell it on the Mountain (not a traditional one, I know)
Do You Hear What I Hear?
***and most the spoofs...***
Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear
The 12 Redneck Days of Christmas - Jeff Foxworthy
Leroy the Redneck Reindeer - Joe Diffie
Merry Christmas from the Family - Montgomery Gentry - my absolute FAVE!!
6. Do you have an advent calendar? No. Just a stuffed snowman with 24 numbered loops on his scarf that you put a candy cane in the correct loop.
7. Do you prefer color lights or white lights? Colors! White is very elegant, but the colors are so happy!
8. What is your favorite food to eat over the holidays? Oh man. MIL will be roasting up a turkey breast and all the usual fixin's for Christmas dinner, but I'm looking forward to going to a place that is well known in the Hot Springs area for their fried catfish & hushpuppies. It's the only time I ever have it.
9. Do you display a live tree, or do you prefer fake trees? Ours is fake. On the plus side...since our living room is small, we are able to leave off a couple branches on the lower back and it fits closer to the wall. I love the smell of real ones, tho. Pine scented sprays & candles don't cut it. I think I'm allergic to those. Watery eyes, sneezing, etc.
10. What would you need to make your holiday perfect this year? I think it already will be. We have a multitude of blessings. I'll be with my hubby & kid. We all are getting nice gifts. My MIL will be thrilled since we're staying at her condo and we don't get to see her enough.