Woohoo! I'm so happy that the studio didn't get any info (or calls / emails returned) about dancing at the Lions halftime show on Thanksgiving. I get 3 evenings to myself instead of running off to Ford Field every night!
I went to another annual craft show with mom & the sisters this weekend - look at what I bought!!
I totally need a good drag queen name for her. I put the pic on FB and I really like my niece's suggestion of "Fantasia". Yes, I name inanimate objects. It's truly easier when you have a big display like I do at Halloween to name them, since when I tell Miss Angela that 'Jayne' needs to be moved or something, she knows exactly which prop that is. However I don't do that as much at Christmas. I have approximately 75 gazillion nutcrackers - they're not all being named!!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
The Holidays and More: Part 2
1. What state/country do you live in? SE Michigan (clearly, since I mentioned going to Ford Field!!!)
2. Where were you born? Were you raised there? I was born in a little town about 15 miles from where I live now. My mom still lives in the house her & Dad bought when they got married 50+ years ago (Dad passed away 10/09 and they'd had their 50th anniversary 4/09) . That's where all of us grew up. The only time I lived outside of Michigan was during my 8 years in the Navy. I will note that if hubby says we're moving to Arkansas (where he's from) I'd be packing before he finished the sentence!
3. How do you feel about stores like Wal-mart opening on Thanksgiving Day for pre-Black Friday sales? Will you participate? I think it's crap and there's no way I will subject myself to such asshattery. My deepest sympathy to the employees that have to work in that.
4. Have you ever participated in a Turkey Trot? Will you do one this year? No. I'm sure there will be walks taken around my sister's house.
5. What was your favorite toy as a child? I was odd. I loved playing outside, so I had my worms & dirt. I also had a bunch of Barbies and a Raggedy Ann doll that went everywhere with me. I was so sad when Ann fell apart, but I managed to find another, almost identical one at the Salvation Army and had to get her! This one has a different dress and made of sturdier material, but she still has the embroidered "I Love You" on her chest.
6. Will you count points/calories on Thanksgiving Day? Keeping Kenlie's answer..... I’m always aware of how much I eat (even when it’s too much.) I won’t eat everything that I see on Thanksgiving, but I won’t count the points too closely either. (I should. I know I should…I’m just being honest about it.)
7. Will you watch football Thursday? Most likely. We know the Lions will be playing!
8. Do you decorate inside/outside of your home for the holidays? Yes! I'm slowly gathering Thanksgiving / Harvest decor, but I started to choke it out already by bringing in the Nutcracker Army to I could check them all over for needed repairs / restorations. I have a bunch of Christmas blowmolds that will go in the yard on Saturday.
9. Do you have allergies that prevent you from eating traditional holiday meals? Nope. Unless you could the fact that I break out in fat?
10. Is it snowing where you live? We've had some flurries, but nothing major yet. Cold enough to cause ice crystals in your nose, tho!
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments. We had some new FMM-ers last week so let’s be sure to make them feel welcome this week! Happy Monday, friends